A New Me

Hmmm yummy. I couldn't help but think to myself. This really cute guy is standing just about ten feet away from me and he was in the female clothes section of the store. What is he doing here? Probably looking to buy something for some hot girlfriend of his. All the good ones are usually taken.  

He couldn't be more than two years older than me, that makes him eighteen or nineteen but he's all man. Height - about six feet, shoulders -broad and proud, stomach- trim. I think I am going to swoon. 

Aaaww now I definitely will. He picked up a scarf that couldn't belong to a girlfriend, maybe his mother. A guy that shops for his mother, definitely a keeper.  

What are the chances any way? I can't even afford most of the things sold here. I only come here to stare, admire and daydream. I am slim and well, I guess, shapely too but my height takes away all the appeal. How I wish I was taller, why did I have to take after my mum, my dad was right there. ugh. Oh well 

He strolled to a section holding Shirts and when he made his choice and expressed his pleasure at his pick I had no doubt that the gifts were for an older woman, definitely his mother or mother's age, maybe an aunt. 

He seemed satisfied and ready to go. I was a little disappointed, I wouldn't mind enjoying the view a little longer. 

My breath caught. He seemed to have noticed me staring. I quickly busied myself with what was in front of me. ugh Unfortunately, I happened to be in the lingerie section and I can't even move because that will be so obvious. 

Was he smiling at me? 

Oh my gosh Oh my gosh he's walking towards me. Is he? I looked around to see if there was anything around me that he would need. He couldn't want to buy underwear for his mother could he? Except he's dating an older woman, ew. 

But he's smiling, he won't be smiling at nobody, would he? There was no one else around me? Am I sweating? Really! I couldn't be more pathetic. 

He got to me, His perfect teethy smile broadened. "Hi I am Kevin" 

He is talking to me. My sweat glands were on overdrive now. What do I say? 

I was dumbstruck staring at those captivating brown eyes, his nose that is just where it should be and his lip Oh my god!  

They are moving and coming closer to me. What is going on here? Is there some medieval love at first sight kiss going to happen here? 

"Please tell me your name" He had said too loud in my ear and broke into my reverie. 

"Caitlyn" I said trying to gather myself. what is wrong with me?  

"You think very low of yourself. You're a beautiful girl, I should be the one sweating if you walked up to me" 

I was stunned. He answered the question right out of my mind.Who does he think he is? I wanted to get angry, anything, but instead I shocked myself , I sucked in air, broke into sobs and started crying. I just started crying right there, bawling like a nine month old! 

He grabbed my hand and led me to the cashier, put me behind him to avoid more attention than I've already created. 

He did not release my hand but held on to it and I felt warm all over but I still hadn't stopped crying. 

Once done, we got out of the store, crossed the road and walked until we got to the park. There was no one there . which wasn't strange, this side of town does not attract so many visitors and the people who live here would prefer to go to another country to relax than take a stroll to the park. 

He sat on a bench and faced me. I wanted to be swallowed up in the ground so I refused to look at him. 

He touched my chin and lifted my face. He was smiling so tenderly.