55: Marry Me, Again?

My heart skipped a beat as Avery demanded I waited inside the car and that I didn't peek as she exited the car with a huge grin. The door was opened for me as I saw Avery standing with a single white peony in her hand. Her smile was elegant as she handed me the flower.

She took my hand and tucked it into my side, as I could hear the murmurs of people and the hushes from around the corner. My eyes adjusted to the glistening sun and I focused on how sinister I looked in this dress.

Family and friends surrounded the area as I struggled to pull down my hiked up dress and try but fail to make it look acceptable to Nolan's grandma. I saw thumbs up from the crowd of people along with a photographer telling me to smile. I heard a whirring sound behind me as I turned around and looked straight at it.

"What is happening?", I whispered to her as I saw a drone following us. She didn't say a word as she guided me down the flight of stairs. In the distance there were men and women and I saw the people I would call on a rainy day, but most importantly I saw the end, I saw him.

The sandy staircase extended along the breathtaking beach as I saw the white peonies that were held dearly. The sand picked up in between my toes as I felt the suns rays extend onto me as the sun got ready to set against the shimmery blue water. The sky was different shades of purple along with pink, orange, and blue, clouds of all different shapes and sizes.

Peonies my mother's favorite flower was placed in between my friends and families hands. Avery let me go as Tyler handed me second peony. Avery wrapped her hand through Tyler's and pushed me on my way.

From there it was Alec to Caroline to Tally, I had already felt my hand catching the petals that slowly dropped from my strong grip.

"Thank you for putting up with him, I'm glad you are apart of the family", Nolan's grandpa said as he kissed my forehead and side-hugged my body. I felt apart of one of them, I felt apart of something, I hadn't felt that all of my life.

Each person left me feeling stronger than I had ever felt, they pushed me along as I walked closer to him.

"Kids, don't forget to make them", Nolan's grandma reminded me as she kissed my cheek and handed me the peony. Clay was next as he hugged me and let me feel the fatherly love I hadn't felt since I had grown up.

"You've really changed him for the better, he is so crazy about you.", Clay hugged me and handed the peony into my growing bouquet. I thanked him and saw the last in line. Alison's always inviting arms extended to me as she wrapped them around me.

"I never told you this, but I knew your mom, I knew you. She was a fiery spirit and you remind me so much of her, she craved happiness and with you that was all she needed. She would be so happy, you're doing the same", Alison held my hand tightly as she walked me to Nolan. She kissed my cheek and walked back.

Nolan's eyes peered into my soul as he extended his hand to invite me under the arc and along the black rug that he stood on. I took his hand as he held both and I saw his wonderful eyes. Nolan held my hand sincerely as I saw the dark red box being pulled out of his pant pocket.

He opened the box as I heard gasps from the people watching as the diamond shone through. It was beautiful, shiny and still me. He saw the way I saw the diamond and smiled subtly, he made the right choice. He got down on one knee and kissed my hand softly as he began to profound his love.