Her Dangerous Past

Her head was on his shoulder and she nozzled closer into him. They could not be more content than this, having each other, being free to be together. Nothing could come between them now. A strong smell wafted around them. His girlfriend suddenly sat upright and looked at him intently in the eyes.

"I need to put my past behind me."

He immediately forgot all about the smell, sat up looking at her with even more intensity mixed with love. No matter what it is this time they will get through this together, nothing will ever come between them again.

"I need to put my past behind me" She repeated.

He put his whole heart in his eyes telling her whatever it is, he would be with her.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked putting all the gentleness in his voice.

"It is very dangerous"

Then she laughed.

He was terrified. Was it that bad that she put up a defense mechanism, laughing when something hurts too much.

Before he could say another word she rushed to the bathroom door, opened it, entered and locked it.

What could this be about?

He scrambled after her to the bathroom door. He was about to knock lightly begging her to come out, they can deal with this together. A very strong odour wafted to him from the bathroom and caught his hand mid air.

He stopped and turned. This was too dangerous for him.