The Slut of Winsworth High

She was walking with her head bowed. She was covered by a black hooddie, paired with a dark grey baggy and black sneakers. Her face was hidden by cropped ink black hair that framed the sides of her face and bangs that came low on her face. Her books were clutched to her chest as she rushed through the school hallway as if she was avoiding someone. She bumped into him and her books clattered to the floor. 

"Stupid" She growled 

"Maybe if you walked with your head raised you won't bump into people" 

"Just get the hell away from me" She shrieked 

"What did I do?" 

She picked up her books and scrambled away from him. 

He did not know her. He knew she was also in twelfth grade and they took a number of classes together but they did not share the same home room. He had never really noticed her, it was like she was invisible. But now he did and he was paying full attention. Her whole face was so covered that as close as they had been he didn't know what it looked like. But that can be easily fixed.

He walked into his English class behind her. 

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Pain crushed her chest and she wished she could rip out of her heart. She wished she had no heart and didn't have to go through this pain.  

The memory flooded her mind, replaying itself over and over without relent.

She scrubbed every layer of skin she could find. She had bruises all over but she scrubbed over them again and again and blood drip dripped on the bathroom floor. 

Her heart was breaking. She sobbed and scrubbed. 

She always felt better whenever she scrubbed. No, not better,numb. She felt numb and she liked it better that way. She liked the pain it caused her because it numbed the pain in her heart. 

 "Hello Caty" .

"M'name's Cathy but you can call me whatever you want" she slurred drunkenly

Why was she so drunk, she had not had that many drinks. On further thought  she had had nothing to drink except a coke. Why then did she feel so drunk?

Whatever it was today was her lucky day. She stared up at the Jock guys who were giving her full attention and laughing at everything she said like she was a stand up comedy champion.

"You're drunk Kitty. Come let's get you out of here". One of them said. She really couldn't tell them apart. All her blurry vision could make out was big broad shoulders and a lot of cuteness.

"How sweet "she slurred  "but I'm not drunk and  why would I want to leave this awesome party?"

"Come on".

"No" she pouted. She had never been so bold and she  was talking to the football team. They were twelfth graders and she was only in tenth grade. She must be speaking from dutch courage because if not she would have totally melted into nothingness merely standing in front of them.

"Come on Cat. Let's leave this dumb party and go do something more fun"

"Let's leave this dumb party and go do something more fun" She said as if it was her own idea.

She had become very excited because of the dutch courage.

She giggled madly when they cheered and high fived each other.